GOD LISTENS ... and so do we
For I, the Lord your God, Hold your right hand; It is I who say to you, "Fear not, I will help you." ISAIAH 41:13
WHO ARE STEPHEN MINISTERS?
Grace began a mission 24 years ago by training individuals to provide Christian care giving, one on one, to those experiencing all kinds of life difficulties. Our Stephen Ministers are specially trained lay persons who are prepared to walk with you as you journey through troubled times. Each Stephen Minister must complete intensive training to prepare and equip them with the necessary skills.
HOW DO I KNOW IF I NEED A STEPHEN MINISTER?
There are times when each of us may need the care and compassion of another person. Those times might include:
- Loss of a job
- Loss of a loved one
- Problems facing the elderly
- Family struggles
- Spiritual crisis
- Hospitalization or illness
- Needing the support of a Christian friend
HOW ABOUT CONFIDENTIALITY
The caring relationship itself is confidential. The fact that a Stephen Minister is someone's caregiver is always confidential. The basic rule of confidentiality states all communication between caregivers and care receivers, all observations or impressions, must remain confidential.
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A STEPHEN MINISTER?
Stephen Ministers need to be:
- Full of Faith
- Good Listener
To contact the Stephen Ministry:
- Rev. Mike Fry
HOW CAN I SUPPORT OUR STEPHEN MINISTRY PROGRAM?
- Pray for our Stephen Ministers and Stephen Leaders
- Pray for all those receiving confidential care
- Contact Rev. Mike Fry about those who might benefit from the care of a Stephen Minister
- Seek support from the Stephen Ministry when needed